1. Find yourself an old wooden or metal picture frame.
Make sure that the frame is a dark color, as shiny frames tend to
reflect in the finished mirror.
I prefer an oval or even better a round frame of about 12" in
Don't get one too big; you will want to carry it around sooner or
With very little effort these can be found for a couple of dollars at
any second hand store, antique shop,
or Goodwill Store. Flee markets, garage sales, and swap meets are a
gold mine for these frames and I
have bought beautiful ones for as little as .25 cents. Don't bother
if the frame is a little beat up, you can
always paint or refinish it, but be sure the glass is unscratched and
clear. For a dollar or two glass can
be replaced. I have also bought a round piece of glass and lead trim
from a stained glass supply
house and made some beautiful gifts from these. I have even trimmed
them in stained glass.
Total cost? About .00.
2. Buy a can of high gloss spray enamel paint. Read the label and
make sure it is good for glass.
Some paints are not. This can be found at any hobby shop, or hardware
3. Remove the glass and clean it well with a good glass cleaner. Let
it dry for several hours.
4. Place the clean glass on a large piece of newspaper, being careful
to handle it by the edges
so as not to get finger oil on the surface. Spray paint the glass
using quick even light passes back
and forth until the glass is covered completely. WARNING! do not
allow the paint to run! If you do
the painting outdoors, be sure it is a sunny windless day. You do not
want the paper or other debris
to blow onto the wet paint and it takes several hours to dry so as to
be hand led.
5. Apply a second coat if necessary, but for the best effect it is
best to do this in one coat.
The mirror effect will be flawless that way.
6. Place the glass back into the finished frame and you have your
Black Scrying Mirror.
Believe me, it is every bit as good as any you can find for sale.
7. Empower the mirror with a Full Moon Spell or any spell which works
Once consecrated it is infused with your own personal magnetism and
should not be
handled by anyone else. If someone picks it up, reconsecrate it.