1.Personality Ray of Nation Related to the Sun sign of That Nation: "I will give you two signs for each country. One will be the emerging influence which will govern the ego or the soul of the country or nation, and the other that which governs at the present moment the personality ray of the individual country, and so conditions the masses. Forget not that the soul of the people is represented by those who [Page 68] react to the influence of the soul ray and of the sign which is affecting it (its ascendant, one might say), whilst the masses are conditioned by the personality ray and therefore by the sun sign of the specified nation."
2. Living Under the Sun sign, Libra (or Rising Sign, Libra): "Lives of indecision come wherein the man balances back and forth between decision and indecision, arriving apparently at no action. They are lives of apparent futility but nevertheless of great value. Needless to point out that such incarnations are frequently lived under the sun-sign of Libra or have Libra as the rising sign. Prior to that particular life, the man has had little difficulty. He is conditioned by precipitating karma and at the same time experiences little difficulty in arriving at decisions, because his choices and aims will be motivated by the personality and determined by the lower self. Later, after a life or lives of balancing, the die is cast and the period of inactivity and of indecision ends and the soul begins to determine action; karma then comes under the processes of conscious transmutation. Motives become purified [Page 737] and objectives shift from those of personality ambition to the spiritual goals of humanity."
3. Sun sign Indicative of Personality Traits: "4. The comprehension of the Path of Life for an individual, through a study of his astrological indications. It is necessary in this connection to regard the sun sign [Page 120] into which a man is born, as indicative of his personality trends, and as embodying the characteristics which he has inherited from the past, but to regard the rising sign as holding within it the indications of the way that a man's soul would have him go."
4. Energies (Including the Sun sign) Which Pour Through the Etheric Vehicle: "When I tell you that to this information he must add a close consideration of the potencies of the forces and energies reaching him astrologically, you will see what a stern task he has set himself. Not only has he to isolate his five ray energies, but he has to allow for the energy of his sun sign as it conditions his personality, and of his rising sign as it seeks to stimulate that personality into soul responsiveness, thus working out soul purpose through personality cooperation.
There are, therefore, seven factors which condition the quality of the forces which seek expression through the etheric body:
1. The ray of the soul.
2. The ray of the personality
3. The ray of the mind.
4. The ray of the emotional nature.
5. The ray of the physical vehicle.
6. The energy of the sun sign.
7. The influence of the rising sign.
Once, however, these are ascertained and there is some assurance as to their factual truth, the entire problem begins to clarify and the disciple can work with knowledge and understanding. He becomes a scientific worker in the field of hidden forces. He knows then what he is doing, with what energies he must work, and he begins to feel these energies as they find their way into the etheric vehicle."
5. The Sun sign Implicated in Disease: "2. Diseases invoked by tendencies in the man himself. These are governed by his astrological sign-either his sun sign or his rising sign and will be considered later."
6. The Nature of the Sun sign: "2. That the Sun sign, as it is called, indicates the nature of the man, physical, mental and spiritual. It holds the [Page 17] secret of the personality ray and of the man's responsiveness or lack of responsiveness to the Soul, the real man. It indicates also the integration already achieved and the present point of unfoldment of the soul qualities, of the present available equipment, of the present life quality and of the immediately possible group relations. It indicates, from the angle of the Ageless Wisdom, nothing more. This is a reversal of the usual astrological position. The reason that I proffer this is that humanity is enough evolved so that the astrology of the soul will become possible before long; it constitutes-from many points of view-a reversal of normal procedure. This is both wise and necessary, and also inevitable. Astrologers will eventually be divided into two classes: the exoteric astrologers who will be occupied with the horoscope of the personality, and the esoteric astrologers who will be occupied with the purposes of the soul."
7. The Sun sign and the Present Problem of the Man: "In connection with the sun sign, the rising sign and the effect of the thoughtform relating to the moon, the position of esoteric astrology is as follows:
1. The sun sign.-This sign indicates the present problem of the man; it sets the pace or the established tempo of his personality life; it is related to quality, temperament and the life tendencies which are seeking expression during this particular incarnation, and it is suggestive of the rajasic or the activity aspect of the innate man. Fundamentally, the forces here found are indicative of the line of least resistance."
8. The Sun sign and the Line of Least Resistance: "b. The Sun sign, as indicating life trends which are already established and which constitute the line of least resistance."
9. The Sun sign in Relation to "Probability" "Secondly, the twelve constellations are concerned primarily with the stimulation of the soul within the form, producing subjective activity which, in its turn, causes changes in the outer expression, through the fusion of the energy of the constellation with the energy of the planets. The effect produced falls into two stages:
1. The first stage wherein the sun sign dominates the man and he is gradually fitted to respond to the soul. His latent possibilities for this life are unfolded. The effect of the sun sign is sometimes called ‘the potency of the Sun of Probability.’"
10. The Expanding Energies of the Sun sign: "A right understanding of the effect of the various energies and forces will make it apparent that, when the conditioning planetary forces, the expanding energies of the sun sign and the driving energy of the rising sign are all being controlled and directed by the illumined spiritual man, you will then have a soul upon the very verge of liberation."
11. The Sun sign in Relation to a Point of Crisis: "What is true of man in this connection is true also of humanity as a whole, of the planetary Logos of the Earth, as of all planetary Logoi, and of a solar Logos. The analogy between the fusion of the pairs of opposites, for instance, upon the physical plane can be seen in the conscious and directed fusion of the planetary forces with the energy of any specific planet or group of planets. The analogy, involving discrimination to regulate and offset the force of the pairs of opposites upon the astral plane, can be seen when the energies of the sun sign and of the planets are perfectly directed and adjusted. The analogy can also be carried forward onto the mental plane and when the energies of the sun sign and the rising sign are coherently blended and expressed (in the case of both the individual or a planetary Life) there comes a point of crisis wherein the soul and the personality are brought face to face. The Angel of the Presence, distributing solar fire and holding focussed electric fire, and the Dweller on the Threshold, expressing and utilising fire by friction, know each other "with intimate occult knowledge." The door then stands open wide through which the life and light of the three major constellations can-after the third initiation-be occultly available to the initiate, be he a liberated human being or a planetary Logos."
12. The Significance of Oppositions Between the Sun sign and the Ascendant: "It would also be interesting to make an analysis of those particular incarnations and their horoscopes wherein [Page 184] the polar opposites both appear in relation to each other-one as the sun sign and the other as the ascendant, for these lives usually express some degree of either equilibrium or of consummation; they will not in any case be negative lives or lacking in direction, event or purpose. This is particularly the case upon the Fixed Cross of the Heavens"
13. The Sun sign in Relation to Sagittarius (as an Example): "1. The Sun sign.-In this case Sagittarius conditions circumstances, indicating inheritance and forcing the environment to be declarative in connection with the subject."
14. The Horoscope Built Up Around the Sun sign: "6. The horoscope, built around the Sun sign, is adequate for ordinary humanity. The exoteric planets rule and the man lives within the limitations of the twelve houses."
15. The Sun sign in the Horoscope of an Initiate: "8. The Sun sign, governed by the ruling esoteric planets and the rising sign governed also by the esoteric planets, can both be used in casting the horoscope of the initiate; when superimposed upon each other, the outer life of the initiate in the three worlds and the inner life of subjective realisation will appear. This mode of super-imposition will be a feature of the new astrology." (EA 514)
16. The Sun sign in the Horoscope of a Disciple: "9. When the Sun sign, with the exoteric rulers, is worked out in a chart, the rising sign with the esoteric rulers is also worked out and the two are superimposed upon each other, the problem of the disciple in any one incarnation will appear."
17. The Sun sign Different in Each Incarnation: "Each changing personality sees a different ray force enter and each ray governs or transmits its forces through one or other of the seven centres; the Sun sign in each incarnation will be different, leading necessarily to a different rising sign and therefore to a complete new set of planetary influences. Thus the centres in the vital body come under varying pressures and stimulation. In one life, the stimulation applied may tend to vivify the solar plexus or to drive its energies upward into its higher point of transference, the heart centre. In another, it may be seen to be focussed in the throat centre, and by indirect activity affecting the sacral centre and-under the major Law of Attraction-producing a raising of the force to the higher creative focus."
18. Relating the Sun sign to the Rising Sign: "The theme we will now consider is one which is of general interest but not of individual moment. Arguing as one ever must from the universal to the particular, it is essential that humanity relates its own mechanism to the greater mechanism through which the planetary Life functions and views his soul as an infinitesimal part of the world soul. It is necessary for him, therefore, to relate his Sun sign to his rising sign and his soul to his personality, viewing both as aspects and integral parts of the human family. This will be increasingly the case. This process is beginning to demonstrate in the steadily expanding group, national and racial consciousness which humanity is today demonstrating-a consciousness which shows as a spiritual inclusiveness or as an abnormal and wicked attempt (from the standpoint of the soul) to fuse and blend all nations into a world order, based on material issues and dominated by a material vision. There was nothing spiritual in the vision of the leaders of the powers which were called the Axis powers. But the spiritual intent of mankind is slowly growing and the great Law of Contrasts will eventually bring illumination."
19. Availing Oneself of the Three Other Energies of the Cross on which the Sun is Found: "The man whose Sun sign is in Gemini, for instance, is subjected to the forces flowing through the Cross as whole, unless he is a very low grade human being; he will be sensitive to the influences of the other three signs when they sweep into power as the lesser zodiac of the year plays its part. Later, when the practical value of esoteric astrology is better understood, men will avail themselves of the three energies of the three other signs of the Cross in which the Sun sign finds a place. This is a future development of the science of esoteric astrology. Putting it into the simplest terms and thereby necessarily limiting significances, a man will endeavour, when in Sagittarius, to practise one-pointedness along some one line; when in Virgo, he will know that opportunity to bring the form more under the influence of the hidden Christ is possible and that, in Pisces, sensitivity to the higher impression is his right and privilege. All these four possibilities, in regard to the advanced initiate are beautifully demonstrated for us in the life of Jesus, the Master on the sixth ray."
Initiation References in Esoteric Astrology
1st degree initiation:
54 - Path of Purification (1st - Path of Probation)
70 - "at the first initiation ...crystallising and destroying forces of vulcan and Pluto.."
143-44 - Leo -prepares for and takes it in Leo
157 - Gemini/Leo significance first two initiations (see 64,104,155)
160 - "certain men then reached the stage of discipleship wherein they could consciously mount the fixed cross and be prepared for a major initiation " (1st degree is first initiation on fixed cross)
161-2 - "humanity...great step forward in self-conscious (Leo) unfoldment"
316 - first two initiations - burning ground (lesser?)
326 - "one of the secrets of the first initiation "
355 - "individualisation and initiation " - Gemini connection
387-88 - "secret of Gemini has to be grasped at the first initiation "
390 - "...entered into at 1st initiation is consummated in Pisces(4th?) "
447 - "sirius, Leo and Uranus...will enable mankind ...to take 1st initation"
" ...in Leo that man undergoes the preparatory stages of this first initiation "
471 - "recognition of Christ life...as the aspirant of the first initiation emerges"
472 - "crisis of birthplace" ...iniatiation... Virgo - (ist initiation ?)
472 - "triangle Leo Virgo Pisces...impact of piscean force...has...brought humanity, the world disciple to the very door of initiation " (1st initiation)
631 - "attraction, subtraction, abstraction" related to the first three initiations
2nd degree initiation:
54 - Path of Discipleship (2nd)
70 - "second initation...three planets - Neptune Venus Jupiter" - 3 chakras. See TCF899 - "it is Neptunian influence which presides over and makes possible the 2nd initiation "
84 - preparation for 2nd birth - 2nd initiation ? or 1st?
143-44 - Scorpio - desire subdued
157 - "Taurus opens the door into Hierarchy when the significance of Gemini and Leo is understood and the first two initiations can therefore be taken" see 64,104,155
162 - "disciples of world ...and in others the second"
211 - "final struggle in Scorpio only takes place when the point of balance between soul and body has been reached in Libra"
220 - "great mystery, revealed only at the time of the second initiation " -Virgo /Pisces / Neptune, fish goddesses (relates to Eleusian Mysteries and Ceres /Demeter /Hades/ Persephone?)
223 - Taurus/Scorpio ..."all teaching on baptism and purification" - (2nd degree symbology)
224 - "Baptism by water (a name for the second initiation ) ...testing ...purification ...Scorpio"
298 - energies from "heart of Sun...disciple ready for second initiation "
316 - first two initiations - burning ground(lesser)
318 - interplay of forces/esoteric linking of Cancer Virgo Scorpio Capricorn Pisces at a "particular and peculiar stage of discipleship" (2nd degree? or 4th? - Neptune seems to be a constant here;
320 - "tests and trials of the initiate up to the 3rd initiation are directed toward this end")
335 - study of mutable cross - significance of the 2nd initiation
388 - secret of Taurus at 2nd initiation (polar opposite Scorpio - 2nd degree symbol)
390 - "..takes form at the 2nd initiation in the will to liberation in Taurus..."
631 - "first three initiations"
3rd degree initiation:
24 - "Three of the energies work through the head centre but only after the third initiation ." (constellations, planets, creative hierarchies - p23)
29 - "the effect of the three great constellations also cannot be noted by individual man until such time as he becomes conscious of the monadic vibration, after the 3rd initiation "
31 - "...after the third initiation there is a recognition of them upon the physical plane" (subtler forces from 3 major constellations)
55 - Path of Initiation (3rd)
55 - "the life an light of the three major constellations can-after the third initiation -be occultly available to the initiate"
70 - "third initiation , the Moon (veiling a hidden planet) and Mars bring about a fearful conflict" see 199 - " Mars/Saturn exceedingly potent...with initiation into the life of the hierarchy" (does Moon veil Saturn? Capricorn closely connected to third)
84 - "crisis of initiation .Transfiguration...after the third initiation mounts a third cross"
100-2 - "fire of Aries...potency of Uranus...final burning ground...Uranus rules occult way" (3rd initiation ?)
101 - "crisis of the burning ground...activity of Uranus...free choice of initiate...makes choice in Libra...pass through burning ground to liberation(4th?)"
102 - "world server in Aquarius" (sign of 3rd degree)
136 - "always individualised son of god until after the 3rd initiation "
141- "bulk...of world initiates climax...in Aquarius" (Aquarius 3rd degree
144 - "in Aquarius the long effort of the soul is consummated...the man then takes the 3rd initiation "
147 - "Leo indicates the height of achievement of the human soul" (could mean 3rd initiation as height of achievement of fixed cross, or 4th initiation where causal body is destroyed" -DK goes on: " ...that initiation and liberation..." - "liberation" being keyword for 4th initiation.
148 - "this achievement reaches its goal at the third initiation " soul dominating personality. see 147
157 - "...Capricorn...last three initiations...significance of Scorpio and Virgo" see 253-4, IU2,TCF
162 - "...initiates...subjected to...Scorpio Capricorn Pisces" (2nd,3rd,4th?)
163 - "When he has taken the 3rd initiation "
208-9 - "initiate of the third degree...reorients...to the monad...passes through most subtle tests"
262 - "three signs from Capricorn to Pisces, until the third initiation , including Capricorn"
276 - "life of conscious duality...up to and immediately preceeding the third initiation"
290 - "this triangle (Taurus Leo Aquarius) demonstrates finally the perfection or consummation of thehuman way" (3rd degree?)
298 - "in connection with the horoscope of the Leo subject...when Sun, Moon (hiding a planet) and Saturn are all combined in a certain house, you have what is called the "sign" of the man who is to take initiation " (numerically may be 3rd house/ 3rd initiation - Saturn rules 3rd;however, may relate to 4th - "Leo...connected through numerical affinity with Mercury" (4th ray)
300 - "influence of Sirius is not consciously felt until after the third degree initiation" - see 298
319 - "Therefore, for an initiate and for a period of three incarnations, the four signs of revelation (Cancer Virgo Scorpio Capricorn) intensify their effect upon him, until in the fourth incarnation he begins to respond to the inner influence of Pisces. He thus demonstrates his ability to react to Shamballa influence and...goes out to salvage and save." (just before 3rd?4th?)
319-20 - "In Pisces...the dualism of soul and spirit emerges...and tests and trials of the initiate up to the third initiation are directed to this end." ("dualism soul/spirit" resolved at 4th)
320 - water (y) triangle.tests up to 3rd degree - (3rd degree symbol of 5 pointed star triangle)
331 - "The initiate who has taken the three lower initiations"
335 - study of fixed cross - significance of third initiation
354 - "Mercury is the revealer of the Spiritual Triad to the soul and this carries the disciple to the stage of the 3rd initiation "
383 - relation of earth to Venus only revealed at third initiation
387-88 - "secret of Aries...beginnings, cycles...At the third initiation ...begins to understand the life of the spirit"
390 - "...second initiation ..Taurus...finds itself released through the will to serve-universally-in Aquarius" (3rd initiation)
447 - "Leo marks the height of achievement for the huamn soul...stimulated by shamballa force"(3rd or 4th?)
"It is in Leo that man undergoes the preparatory stages of this first initiation. He finds himself and becomes self-conscious; then he arrives at the stage of intelligent discipleship … Finally he stands ready for the ordeal and the accolade of fire, preceding the first initiation." (third?) (EA447)
449 - response to triangles not possible "till the time cycle of the third initiation arrives"
466 - "through the potency of Libra he has succeeded in achieving that point of balance which makes the final escape from the pairs of opposites possible" - (escape means taking at least 2nd if not 3rd) - see 302 - Libra related to mental unit/Leo with astral permanent atom.
472 - crisis of initiation ...Capricorn (3rd initiation?)
505-6 - "...distinction between sacred and non sacred planet...paralleling correspondence between the consciousness of the initiate(up to and including the third initiation ) and the consciousness of the Logos of a non-sacred planet. Soul and body, consciouness and form are blended and a definite fusion is taking place... Transfiguration, the third initiation."
565 - "..of which the third initiation is but the beginning" - speaking about Christ as 4th degree
606 - "emerges in the human consciousness after the third initiation " - understanding and climax study of divine psychology - rays/constellations/planets etc.
614 - Paths of discipleship/initiation . ..."third stage of evolutionary process...entered into at the third initiation"
620 - "will to good demonstrated at the third initiation "
625 - "unknown to initiates below third degree - transcending will
631 - "first three initiations" - attraction subtraction abstraction in relation to 3rd ray
4th degree initiation:
38-9 "...Hierarchy...which is fifth in order...is...achieving final liberation, or taking its fourth Initiation"
52 - "...when the conditioning planetary forces, the expanding energies of the Sun sign and the driving energy of the rising sign are all being controlled and directed by the illumined spiritual man, you will then have a soul on the very verge of liberation." (4th?)
61 - "the man reaches Capricorn...then comes the crisis of renunciation.(4th)see 107
62 - "a functioning world saviour in Pisces...the fish who swims free in the ocean of matter" see LOTS 45 for goat fish crab analogies
71 - "..fourth initiation …Mercury and Saturn again bring about great changes and revelation.. " (HPB exact Mercury/Saturn conjunction in Virgo - took 4th in that life) see 599 - " 'seeds of death' emerge through the medium of this ray(4th) and the Grim Reaper, Death (Saturn), is but an aspect of this will, conditioned by the 4th ray and emerging from the fourth plane" - (Saturn/Moon connection? - Moon co-ruler 4th ray; death of causal and quite frequently physical at 4th initiation; Moon/Saturn speculation for 3rd - see p.70)
299 - sirius/Leo/Mercury/Saturn - "prepares the aspirant for initiation "; 300 - "after the 3rd initiation Sirius becomes a major life factor...sirius,Leo,Sun, Moon(veiling Saturn?) and Mercury are now the influences with which the initate is concerned" (sirius is "4th path" hence 4th degree connection - see TCF 1258-1261)
130 - "...Venus exalted in Pisces at end of greater cycle...raised up into glory through experience and crucifixion" (crucifixion is keyword for 4th - see BTC175)
442 - "Saturn breaks up existing conditions...thus enabling the influence of Mercury" -"seeds of death" - Capricorn see 158
101 - "..pass through the burning ground to liberation" (4th initiation ? - see 3rd in. refs.)
105 - Venus in Aries - "just as the personality is lost sight of in the light of the soul, the solar angel, so the soul itself disappears and its power and radiance fade out when the Presence, which it has hitherto veiled, appears and dominates the scene at the end of the greater world cycle....the solar angels...give place to the monad, the One." (causal destroyed at 4th initiation )
107 - "Renunciation...disciple..renounces all...lays himself on the altar of sacrifice...achieves the final liberation" (4th initiation )
116-7 - "This dual bondage is brought to an end by what is called the final death, when the complete release of the life aspect from the life of the form takes place...soul itself..nature of form...dual renunciation...re-attach itself in consciousness to the One..climaxing story of Pisces...fourth Creative Hierarchy...world saviours(Jesus took 4th at crucifixion)...final sacrifice in Pisces which absorbs them back into their originating Motive" (4th initiation )
130 - "...work of Pluto is to 'cut the thread which binds the two opposing lives together' ...the task of Venus to reunite the severed lives but with no binding thread' ..Venus is exalted in Pisces and at the end of the greater cycle the Sons of God...are raised up into glory through experience and crucifixion because they have learned to love and truly reason" (4th initiation ?)
131-2 - " ...Mercury 'falls' in Pisces...what is the esoteric meaning? ...man, coming into full soul consciousness, requires now no mediator but deals directly himself with his emanating source.Mercury ..(becomes)...the Sun mediating between the higher aspects - soul and spirit...mediator... between life and consciousness itself ...fusion of what is already related."
137 - "seventh, second and fourth rays.(related to Aquarius via rulers)..determine the final stages of man's progress...final stages and happenings of the Path of Initiation" (4th ray/4thdegree?)
141 - "Those who achieve in Pisces and make the higher and further grade of development, pass...Shamballa" (4th?)
144 - " ...takes the third initiation ...taking the next two initiations on the cardinal cross" (Taurus- vulcan as transition energy? see 392-3
147 - "Leo indicates the height of achievement of the human soul" (4th initiation ? see 3rd initiation refs)
157 - "Aries opens the door to shamballa when the experience of Taurus and Capricorn have been undergone ....Capricorn...last three initiations"
165 - "Libra guards the secret of balance, of equilibrium and finally speaks the word which releases the initiate from the power of the Lords of Karma" ("Esoterically, Saturn cannot follow man onto the cardinal cross" - Saturn falls in Aries -105)
168 - "and the world saviour in Pisces, thus completing the round of the zodiac and able to say triumphantly in Pisces 'it is finished'"
179 - "Identification, governing liberation - Pisces.."
188 - "Pisces...indicating the final goal of man"
196 - "pole star...'star of reorientation'...brings a man back to his originating source" (monad)
202 - "...only of significance to initiates of the fourth degree" - ursa major, ursa minor , Pleiades
208 - "the initiate of the 3rd degree - upon a higher turn of the spiral - reorients himself to the Monad and passes through most subtle tests to certain undefinable spiritual recognitions"
211 - "Scorpio governs "the initiates"...the true esoteric name of man" (4th CH, 4th ray/4th in.?etc) (see previous sentence for ref. to 2nd initiation )
217-8 - Cancer/Neptune/7th ray/4thCH - "not to be understood by anyone below the stage of the fourth initiation "
225 - Venus in Scorpio - spiritual intuition - "This solar angel... must give place eventually to the Presence. Venus must wane...and the Sun must wax
258 - Pisces - world saviour - initiation
276-7 - "the veil of the temple was rent in twain from top to bottom" (causal body too? ) "Where is the one God Who has forsaken me?...I see the dark of distant spirit.."
290 - Taurus Leo Aquarius triangle - (3rd degree? see 3rd refs.) Leo Virgo Pisces - 4th degree? - " a still more subtle expression of consciousness"
296 - "(at the final revelation and liberation)" (4th?) - "the activity of Uranus...only registered at a very advanced stage of the path...arouses the centre at the base of the spine and draws the kundalini fire upwards""
299-300 - see above p.71 - Mercury/Saturn
359 - "Mercury ...hierarchical ruler of Scorpio...its effect is of a planetary nature...it's true significance will not be understood until the consciousness of individual man is also planetary in its scope and grasp, which is never the case until after the 3rd initiation " (Mercury rules 4th ray, 4th ray comes through Scorpio, 4thCH, 4th initiation etc.)
390 - "that which is begun or 'entered into' at the first initiation is consummated and completed inPisces" (4th?)
392-3 - "revealed to Christ at the fourth great initiatory crisis" - Gethsemane experience/vulcan (Taurus/4th ray/4th in.
442 - see above p.71 - Saturn/Mercury
472 - Crisis of renunciation. Crucifixion
481 - "soul is consciously at-oneing itself with form and at the same time with spirit...when...Virgois consummated in Pisces...make man the true triangle" (4th?)
496 - "..identification with...the subjective and real Self and...withdrawing fom that which is the not-Self is the keynote of the fourth initiation " - related to triangle of Cancer/Leo/Aquarius (Neptune is soul/hi. ruler respectively for all three, and is known as the "One Initiator",which is also the Christ who only officiates up to the 2nd degree. However Neptune does have a connection with the 4th degree or buddhic consciousness : "No man begins to coordinate the buddhic vehicles until he comes under neptunian influence in some life or other..his personality horoscope will show neptunian influence dominating somewhere" TCF899 - see TCF113
565 - "The Piscean aspect in its highest expression is demonstrated by His sensitivity to immediate and unbroken contact with His "Father in Heaven"; He was in constant contact with the Monad, thereby proving to the world that He was initiated into states of consciousness of which the third initiation is the beginning."
620 - "..will-to-good demonstrated in the higher initiations when God-consciousness is achieved.This is the third stage of divine fulfillment. It connotes Monad, Life."
632 - "Libra...constellation...point of balance...will-to-express...life of the spirit and the potency of matter" (4th?)
5th degree initiation:
52-3 - "Eventually the energies of the twelve constellations and-at a final stage of experience and development(5th?) - of the three great constellations which condition the solar Logos are blended with the innate energies of the seven rays or of the seven planetary Logoi. This marks a point of perfection." (5th?)
53 - "until after the fifth and final initiation the non-sacred planets have no effect"
60 - "this dualism is present until the last and final initiation " (5th?)
71 - "fifth and final initiation , Uranus and Jupiter produce a 'beneficient organisation'.."
see 336 - 5th? - "Capricorn...highest initiation ...entrance into life aspect of deity" - see 137 - "seventh, second and fourth rays...determine final stages of man's progress as well as the initial stages" (2nd & 7th through Jupiter/Uranus)
General Comments on Initiation:
67 - signs - Taurus/Pisces - Vulcan/Pluto -ray 1- world saviour
- Leo/Aquarius - Sun/Jupiter -ray 2- world server
- Sagittarius/Capricorn - Earth/Saturn -ray 3- initiate
- Aries/Virgo - Mercury/Moon -ray 4- cosmic/individual Christ
- Cancer/Scorpio - Neptune/Mars - ray 6- triumphant disciple
- (Gemini/Libra missing see bottom of p.66)
180 - probationary disciple, two stages
189 - disciples - pledged - under observation
328-330 - initiation secrets - development of inner light
332-4 - signs - intermediate relationship - initiatory stages
328 - initiation secrets - light
467 - signs, eight - Aries, Taurus, Gemini, Cancer, Libra, Scorpio, Sagittarius, Capricorn - evolution of soul - psychic unfoldment of aspirant
473-7 - crises, seven - practical lessons from; moments of crisis passed thru 3 times - soul cycle recapitulated in minor sense in one life or group of lives
476-7 - constellations, five - disciple/initiate - Leo joins 7 + 5
510 - probationers/disciples: exoteric/esoteric rulers; sacred/non-sacred; Sun/Moon veiling
614 - paths - 1) evolution/probation 2) discipleship 3) initiation
BTC - 21-3 - Christ enacted story of 5 initiations:
Birth at Bethlehem - 1st degree - Nicodemus (see TCF - 2nd degree) - "Except a man be born again, he cannot see the kingdom of God" (John 3:2)
Baptism in Jordan - 2nd degree - Baptism of Holy Spirit/Fire (Matthew 3:11)
Transfiguration - 3rd degree - perfection (Capricorn/10th sign etc) - "Be ye therefore perfect, even as your Father which is in heaven is perfect" (Matthew 5:48)
Crucifixion - 4th degree - Great Renunciation - sacrifice - death of lower nature - St Paul (3rd degree - blinded on road to Tarsus - may have taken 2nd, 3rd & 4th in that life?) - " I protest by your rejoicing which I have in Christ Jesus our lord, I die Daily" (1Corinthians 15:31)
Resurrection/Ascension - final triumph - "Oh death, where is thy sting? Oh grave, where is thy victory" - (1Corinthians 15:55)