1. Our Solar System One of Seven “Constellations”: “This is hid in a threefold mystery:
1. The mystery of electricity.
2. The mystery of the seven constellations.
3. The mystery of the ONE ABOVE THE LOGOS.”
2. The Relationship of Our Solar System to the Seven constellations: “This energy, or electrical manifestation, this "mystery of electricity" to which H. P. B. refers,50 is the foundation of all manifestations, and lies back of all evolution. It produces light in ever-growing brilliancy; it builds and moulds the form to the need of the indwelling Entity; it brings about coherence and group activity; it is the warmth that causes all growth, and that fosters not only the manifestations of the vegetable and animal kingdoms but induces interaction between the human units, and lies behind all human relationships. It is magnetism, radiation, attraction and repulsion, life, death, and all things; it is conscious purpose and essential will in objective manifestation, and he who has solved what lies back of electrical phenomena has solved not only the secret of his own Being, but knows his place within his greater sphere, a planetary Logos, is conscious of the Identity of that cosmic Existence we call a solar Logos, and realises somewhat the place of our system and its electrical relationship with the seven constellations.”
3. Karma of Solar Logos Not Related to the “Seven constellations”: “In connection with the karma of the solar Logos, the subject is even more abstract and incomprehensible. It lies hidden—not in the seven constellations—but in the three constellations which concern the three bodies of His Personality and which in themselves are but manifestations of a central LIFE past our concept and our recognition. It concerns the manifestation in time and space of the ONE ABOUT WHOM NAUGHT MAY BE SAID, and Whose relationship to the solar Logos finds a faint analogy in that of the planetary Logos to man, the human unit. It profits not to extend the thought any further.”
4. The United Activity of Seven constellations: “Further, it must be added that the third type of motion to which our system is subjected, that of progress onward, is the result of the united activity of the seven constellations (our solar system forming one of the seven) which form the seven centres of the cosmic Logos. This united activity produces a uniform and steady push (if it might so be expressed) toward a point in the heavens unknown as yet to even the planetary Logoi.”
Commentary: This paragraph is full of enigmas. Our solar system (again) is one of “seven constellations”, but the seven constellations form the seven centers of a cosmic Logos, and a cosmic Logos has been described as having solar Logoi as centers!
We must also attend to the word “system”, as in “solar system”; indeed, any system composed of stars (whether one star, seven stars or, perhaps 49 stars) could be called a solar system. In this paragraph, I tend to read the term “solar system” as equivalent to “constellation of stars”. If this were the case, the term “cosmic Logos” would have to be interpreted in a larger way than on TCF 293).
Amazing that the point of destination is unknown even to the planetary Logoi!
5. Just for Perspective and to Help the Mind Reel: “The confines of the Heavens Themselves are illimitable and utterly unknown. Naught but the wildest speculation is possible to the tiny finite minds of men and it profits us not to consider the question. Go out on some clear starlit night and seek to realise that in the many thousands of suns and constellations visible to the unaided eye of man, and in the tens of millions which the modern telescope reveals there is seen the physical manifestation of as many millions of intelligent existences; this infers that what is visible is simply those existences who are in incarnation. But only one-seventh of the possible appearances are incarnating. Six-sevenths are out of incarnation, waiting their turn to manifest, and holding back from incarnation until, in the turning of the great wheel, suitable and better conditions may eventuate.
Realise further that the bodies of all these sentient intelligent cosmic, solar and planetary Logoi are constituted of living sentient beings, and the brain reels, and the mind draws back in dismay before such a staggering concept. Yet so it is, and so all moves forward to some unfathomable and magnificent consummation which will only in part begin to be visioned by us when our consciousness [Page 1060] has expanded beyond the cosmic physical plane, and beyond the cosmic astral until it can "conceive and think" upon the cosmic mental plane. That supposes a realisation beyond that of the Buddhas who have the consciousness of the cosmic physical plane, and beyond that of the planetary Logoi. It is the consciousness and knowledge of a solar Logos.
To the occult student, who has developed the power of the inner vision, the vault of Heaven can therefore be seen as a blazing fire of light, and the stars as focal points of flame from which radiate streams of dynamic energy. Darkness is light to the illumined Seer, and the secret of the Heavens can be read and expressed in terms of force currents, energy centres, and dynamic fiery systemic peripheries.”
6. Description of a Cosmic Wheel and Seven “Constellations”: “A cosmic wheel, or a group of seven constellations. These are grouped according to:
a. Their magnitude,
b. Their vibration,
c. Their colour,
d. Their influence upon each other.
These cosmic wheels, according to the esoteric books, are divided into forty-nine groups, each comprising millions of septenary constellations. For purposes of study by the Adepts, they are each known by a symbol, and these forty-nine symbols embody all that can be apprehended anent the size, magnitude, quality, vibratory activity, and objective of those great forms through which an Existence is experiencing. The Chohans of high degree [Page 1086] know the forty-nine sounds which give the quality of the consciousness aspect of these great Beings Who are as far removed from the consciousness of our solar Logos as the consciousness of man is removed from that of a crystal.
7. Seven Creative Hierarchies in Relation to Seven constellations: “Each of these seven hierarchies of Beings Who are the Builders or the Attractive Agents are (in their degree) intermediaries; all embody one of the types of force emanating from the seven constellations. Their intermediary work, therefore, is dual:
1. They are the mediators between Spirit and matter.
2. They are the transmitters of force from sources extraneous to the solar system to forms within the solar system.”
8. The Most Potent of the Seven constellations, as Far as Our System is Concerned: “Those who tread this second Path work with magnetic or attractive energy because they have identified themselves with it. Eventually they will all pass on to Path VII, which is the Path of Absolute Sonship. All that can be said here in regard to their efforts is the statement that this Path carries them (through the medium of the logoic head centre) into the Heart of the ONE ABOUT WHOM NAUGHT MAY BE SAID. They are swept out of systemic evolution altogether upon a great tide of attractive energy which emanates from one of the major centres of that great Existence Who is the source of the life of the solar Logos. This centre is of course one of the seven constellations. As it is the most potent constellation as far as our system is concerned owing to the fact that this system predominantly expresses love or attractive energy and our Logos is as yet polarised in His cosmic astral body, it is not permitted to hint at the name of the constellation. The reason is that if the name were known and if enough people could do the work of occult meditation and visualisation, accompanying the work with a vivid imagination, it might be possible to attract into our system such a downpour of attractive energy from the constellation involved as to unduly speed up the processes of evolution upon our planet, and thus upset the systemic economy most dangerously. People do not yet realise the potency of meditation and especially of group meditation.”
9. Learning to Think in Terms of the Whole: “The readers of this treatise who really want to profit by this teaching must train themselves ever to think in terms of the whole. The arbitrary tabulations, the divisions into triplicities and septenates, and the diversified enumeration of forces which are seen as emanating from the seven constellations, the ten planets, and the twelve mansions of the zodiac, are but intended to give the student an idea of a world of energies in which he has to play his part.”
10. Our Solar System One of the Seven constellations: “The energies which astrologically affect a human being are those which play upon him as a result of the apparent progress of the sun through the heavens, either once every twenty-five thousand years or once every twelve months. Those that constitute the ray forces do not come from the twelve constellations of the zodiac, but emanate primarily from a world of being and of consciousness which lies behind our solar system, and which themselves come from the seven constellations which form the body of manifestation of the One About Whom Naught May Be Said. Our solar system is one of these seven constellations. This is the world of Deity Itself, and of it a man can know nothing until he has passed through the major initiations. When we come later to study the zodiac and its relation to the rays we shall work this out more carefully and so make the idea clearer. It is with the ray influences that we are dealing here, and not with the zodiacal.”
Commentary: Here we must, I think, learn to think of our solar system as a constellation, not because our one-Sun solar system is a constellation, but because the term “solar system” can also mean a system of Suns—thus, a constellation!
11. Gaining a Sense of Perspective: How the “Fall” Looks from the Perspective of the Seven constellations: “Symbolically speaking, some of the sons of God fell from their high estate, led, at one time, by "Lucifer, Son of the Morning". This "fall of the angels" was a tremendous event in the history of our planet, but was nevertheless only a passing and interesting phenomenon in the history of the solar system, and a trifling incident in the affairs of the seven constellations, of which our solar system is but one. Pause and consider this statement for a moment, and so readjust your sense of values. The standard of happenings varies in importance according to the angle of vision, and what (from the angle of our Earth's unfoldment in consciousness) may be a factor of prime importance and of determining value may (from the angle of the universe) be of trifling moment. The affairs of an individual are, to him, of momentous import; to humanity, as a whole, they are of small concern. It all depends upon which unit holds the centre of the stage in the drama of life, and around which central factor the happenings, trivial or important, pursue their cyclic way.”
Commentary: Again, we are faced within enigma, for our solar system is mentioned as one of the seven constellations. Either our one-Sun(ed) solar system is a real constellation, or the word “system” can mean a “constellation”.
Note in the following, the use of the word “systems”:
“The cosmic Logos of our system works similarly through three major systems (of which ours is not one), utilising seven solar systems (of which ours is one), for the distribution of His force and having myriads of sevenfold groups as the cells of His body.
The term, “system” is an often blinded word, and can have at least three levels of application, especially referring to a one-Sun(ed) system or a seven-Sun(ed) system.
In the following we see the word “system” applied to the “cosmic level”:
“A cosmic system, involving lesser systems and holding them together by the power of a unified life.
A similar use of the word, “system” is found in the following:
“A constellation consists of two or more solar systems or series of suns with their attendant planets. These systems are held together as a coherent whole by the powerful interrelation of the suns, whose magnetic rapport is so balanced that occultly "they tread the Path together within the radius of each other's power;" they preserve their relative distances, and vitalise their planets, but at the same time they preserve an equality of balance and of influence. In a few rare cases this balance is disturbed, and there is a waxing or a waning of influence and of magnetic power.”
Note that the word “systems” could apply equally to the “solar systems” here mentioned, or to the result of combining these solar systems—i.e., to “constellations”.
12. Seven Creative Hierarchies in Relation to Seven constellations: “Each of these seven hierarchies of Beings Who are the Builders or the Attractive Agents are (in their degree) intermediaries; all embody one of the types of force emanating from the seven constellations. Their intermediary work, therefore, is dual:
1. They are the mediators between Spirit and matter.
2. They are the transmitters of force from sources extraneous to the solar system to forms within the solar system.”
13. A number of references in Esoteric Astrology refer to “seven constellations”, but these references refer to groups of seven selected from the Twelve Zodiacal Constellations.
14. Non-Planetary Stars: “3. "The first `seven stars' are not planetary. They are the leading stars of seven constellations which turn around with the Great Bear...."
Seven Solar Systems
1. The Sevenfold Word of the Seven solar systems“. The Great Word of our solar system keys in, if it might be so expressed, with other Words, and is but one Word of the sevenfold Word, known to that great Existence Who stands in the same relation to the Solar Logos as the latter does to the Planetary Logos. The sacred Words of seven solar systems (of which ours is but one) make up this septenary sound, which vibrates at this time in the cosmic spheres.”
Commentary: This is an important reference to substantiate that there is a “great Existence” Who is not the OAWNMBS (level-2), but Who, instead, is a constellational Logos (called a “cosmic Logos” on TCF 293). A planetary Logos is a chakra in a Solar Logos; following the analogy, a Solar Logos would be a chakra in the “great Existence”, Whose body of manifestation would contain seven such solar chakras. I call such a “great Existence” a level-1 OAWNMBS—as, indeed, very little if anything is said about the Logos Who informs the group of seven solar systems in which our solar Logos is included.
A Proportion: Great Existence/Solar Logos = Solar Logos/Planetary
2. An Absolutely Vital Reference: Third: The work of a solar Logos is again of a corresponding nature:
a. He has to attain to the full consciousness of His entire ring-pass-not, or of the seven planes of the solar system. This covers a period wherein five of the Heavenly Men, or five of His centres, and therefore, five schemes, reach a stage of accurate response to contact and stimulation.
b. He has to attain to the consciousness of the cosmic Logos within Whose body He is a centre. He must find by experience His place within the cosmic group of which He is a part, in much the same way as a planetary Logos pursues a similar course. This is achieved when all the Heavenly Men or each of the seven centres are awakened and functioning consciously and freely, with their systemic inter-relation adjusted and controlled by the Law of Action and Reaction. It brings within His control not only the seven subplanes of the cosmic physical plane (our seven major planes) but necessarily also the cosmic astral plane.
Commentary: It is precisely this “cosmic group” which I have called (using DK’s term) the “Seven Solar Systems of which Ours is One”--SSSOWOIO, and a level-1 OAWNMBS. This is an important point.
c. To attain to the consciousness of the centre in the body of the ONE ABOUT WHOM NOUGHT MAY BE SAID. This centre is formed by the sphere of influence of a cosmic Logos. In the body of a cosmic Logos, a solar Logos is a centre.
Commentary: Points a., b., and c. are sequential. First the solar Logos understands His own ring-pass-not; then the ring-pass-not of the cosmic Logos in which He is included; then the ring-pass-not of the still greater Logos—the OAWNMBS (level-2).
Here we definitely understand that cosmic Logoi form the centers in the OAWNMBS, but that our solar Logos forms a center in a cosmic Logos. Note that a solar Logos must “attain to the consciousness of the centre in the body of the ONE ABOUT WHOM NOUGHT MAY BE SAID”, and that this centre is formed by the sphere of influence of a cosmic Logos. According to my reasoning which is based upon this reference, a solar Logos cannot be a major center in the OAWNMBS, but can only be a major center in a cosmic Logos.
We must bear in mind that this enumeration is given from the standpoint of the present, and from the angle of vision (relatively limited) of the Heavenly Man of our particular scheme, and that it is therefore circumscribed by His peculiar conditions, which govern the intelligence of the cells in His body; it is given from the point of view of differentiation and not of synthesis. A synthetic absorption proceeds eventually in connection with all these Entities, and each undergoes a process, paralleling on His Own level that undergone by the Microcosm; in the case of the Microcosm the causal body or the body of the Ego acts as the synthesiser of the energy of the Quaternary or lower Self, and the spiritual
EVOLUTION IN THE UNIVERSE
Entity Vehicle Centre Space Time
The Unknown 7 constellations. cosmic Logos 5 cosmic planes.
A cosmic Logos 7 solar systems solar Logos 4 cosmic planes.
A solar Logos 7 planetary schemes Heavenly Man 3 cosmic planes. 3 solar systems.
A Heavenly Man 7 planetary chains Chohans & groups 2 cosmic planes. 1 solar system.
A Man 7 etheric centrcs a Principle 1 cosmic plane 1 planetary scheme.
3. A “Mighty Cosmic Being” Who May Be the OAWNMBS (Level-1): “Universal mind or manas permeates all, and is equally that Self-knowing, individualised Entity Whose body contains our solar Logos as well as certain other solar Logoi; Whose fire, heat and radiation embrace certain other solar systems and unify them with our own system so that one complete vital body forms the manifestation of this mighty cosmic Being. Vortices of force on the cosmic etheric plane form the etheric framework of seven solar systems in the same way that the bodies of the seven Heavenly Men are the etheric centres for a solar Logos, and as the seven centres in man (existing in etheric matter), are the animating electrical impulse of his life.”
Commentary: It seems to me that the words “solar Logoi”, and “solar systems” are here being used in a straight-forward, un-blinded way. Further, given what is said above on TCF 293 about the four cosmic planes of manifestation of “cosmic Logoi” (I call them ‘constellational Logoi’) One would expect cosmic buddhic vortices (etheric in their own way) from the constellational Logoi who are centers in the greater OAWNMBS. What I am saying, is that it is difficult to understand the difference in etheric manifestation between a solar Logos and a cosmic Logos.
4. The Cosmic Logos of Our System—How It Works: “A solar Logos in a still wider sense is the permeating universal Mind, the manasic principle, plus the buddhic and the will principle, working in three major schemes, by means of seven centres of force, and through the myriads of groups which are the cells in His body, in the same way as human beings are the cells in the body of a Heavenly Man.
The cosmic Logos of our system works similarly through three major systems (of which ours is not one), utilising seven solar systems (of which ours is one), for the distribution of His force and having myriads of sevenfold groups as the cells of His body.
Commentary: The question arises whether the “cosmic Logos” here discussed is a cosmic Logos of the variety referenced on TCF 293 or is “the Unknown”, referenced on the same page.
If the “cosmic Logos” of this section is, indeed “The Unknown” or the OAWNMBS, then the “three major systems” are the Great Bear, Pleiades and the Sirian ‘System’. The “seven solar systems (of which ours is one), could then be either seven solar systems or seven constellations. If He is using the word “system” (in “three major systems”) to denote three great constellations, then the seven solar systems could also be seven constellations. This section, therefore, could be a blinded section.
5. Position of Systems within a Greater Whole: “Position or the place of the system within its greater whole, and the corporate nature of all manifestation. This involves the concept of:
A cosmic system, involving lesser systems and holding them together by the power of a unified life.
Commentary: As I understand it, such a “cosmic system” is the Logos of a constellation.
A solar system, a portion of that greater system of manifestation, equally involving lesser forms of objectivity, and holding them likewise unified by the power of its own life.
A planetary scheme, or subdivision of that solar system. This likewise persists as a unit by itself, yet has no existence apart from other units.
Groups or unified bodies within the scheme. These are again individualised, yet at the same time are a part of the greater whole.
Congeries or aggregations of cells, the subdivisions of groups. These must be similarly interpreted.
The cells, or the individualised units, within the groups. Each of these is a conscious entity, yet each has no existence apart from its groups.
Each of these divisions is characterised by:
An ensouling life, which—as far as we are concerned, emanates from the ONE ABOUT WHOM NAUGHT MAY BE SAID, Who ensouls the seven solar systems, down through the Lord of a solar system, through the cosmic Entities we call the Heavenly Men, and the solar Entities ensouling groups and through that peculiar central manifestation we call a human being to the little cell within the body of that human being, and the atom which is the basic material whereof all forms in all the kingdoms of nature are made.
Commentary: This selection begins with the idea of a “Cosmic Logos”; later this Being is called an “ensouling life” which emanates from the OAWNMBS. This OAWNMBS (if we keep strict descending hierarchical continuity) is a level-1 OAWNMBS—i.e., a cosmic Logos, and not the “Unknown”—a super-constellational Logos.
Careful reading demands that we check our “antecedents”. The word upon which to focus is “Who”; we have two alternatives: 1) an “ensouling life”…Who ensouls the seven solar systems…” or 2) the ONE ABOUT WHOM NAUGHT MAY BE SAID, Who ensouls the seven solar systems…”. I tend to choose reading #1, estimating that this “ensouling life” emanates from the OAWNMBS but is not the OAWNMBS, itself. That which emanates is not, for practical purposes, the same as that from which it emanates.
Again, I read that a great constellational Logos, who is the ensouling life of the SSSOWOIO (but Who is not the OAWNMBS) emanates from the OAWNMBS, and ensouls the group of solar Logoi of which our solar Logos, Sol, forms a part.
6. An EXISTENCE Manifesting through Seven solar systems: “As regards cosmic position, relation and limitation, little can be said, as e'en to the Heavenly Men Themselves the matter is obscure. (I do not fail to take the point!) That this is necessarily so must be apparent when Their place in the scheme of things is realised and Their relative unimportance is considered. Therefore, we can do no more than accept the fact of the inconceivable magnitude of that EXISTENCE which is manifesting through seven solar systems, and the extension of this concept of Being to embrace the entire vault of the Heavens. It is interesting to bear in mind in this connection that all that is seen, being objective forms or Beings in manifestation through certain spheres of light, may not be all that IS, but that there may lie back of everything visible a vast realm or realms of Existences. The very brain of man reels in contemplation of such a concept. Yet just as there are tens of millions of human beings out of objective manifestation, or discarnate, on the subtler planes of the solar system, so there may be cosmic entities, in rank equal to the ONE ABOUT WHOM NAUGHT MAY BE SAID, Who are in a similar sense discarnate, and found in realms subtler than that of the manifestation of light.
Commentary: Here there is discussed an EXISTENCE (I presume, the “Unknown” of p. 293 of TCF), which manifests through seven solar systems. We can assume that these seven solar systems are 1) a blind for seven constellations, or we can say 2) that while this EXISTENCE manifests through seven solar systems, it also manifests through six more groups of seven solar systems each.
In these case, the selection does not refer to the “seven solar systems”, so the term “seven solar systems” may well be a blind for seven constellations, and the Being called an “EXISTENCE” may well be the OAWNMBS-level-2.
7. Alliance of the Seven Heavenly Men to the Seven solar systems: “The Moon chain has in itself a curious occult history, not yet to be disclosed. This differentiates it from the other chains in the scheme and even from any other chain in any scheme. An analogous situation or correspondence will be found in another planetary scheme within the solar system. All this is hidden in the history of one of the solar systems which is united to ours within a cosmic ring-pass-not.
Commentary: When I read the word “cosmic” ring-pass-not, I immediately think of cosmic Logoi, and believe that it is our constellation which is being referenced, and not the entire domain and ring-pass-not of the greater OAWNMBS.
Hence the impossibility of yet enlarging upon it. Each Heavenly Man of a scheme is a focal point for the force and power and vibratory life of seven stupendous ENTITIES in exactly the same sense as the seven centres in a human being are the focal points for the influence of a corresponding heavenly Prototype. Our Heavenly Man, therefore, is esoterically allied to one of the seven solar systems, and in this mysterious alliance is hidden the mystery of the moon chain.”
Commentary: I do believe that it is analogically fitting in the ascending/descending “scale of things”, to think of each of our Heavenly Men as related to a particular one of seven solar Logoi (like our Sun, for instance), just as it is fitting to think of each of these seven solar Logoi as related to a particular constellation in the greater OAWNMBS.
If such a relationship were true, then there would be a particular affinity between one of those solar Logoi and the entire system of seven, just as, for instance on a lower level, there seems to be a particular relationship between Jupiter and our Sun (which includes Jupiter as a chakric center). I, therefore question which of the seven major solar Logoi (in our constellation) is particularly related to the constellation as a whole? Is it Sol? Is it Sirius?: Is it some other sun like Procyon or Alpha or Beta Centauri?
If, as I hypothesize, there is a particular connection between our seven solar systems and astrality or desire, then the sixth ray solar Logos would be thus related to the constellation as a whole. If I am mistaken, and our constellation (not just our Sun) is related to the heart center of the OAWNMBS, then that solar Logos representing the heart center would be particularly radiant and empowered. This, then, would be our own Sun, Sol, and His system.
8. Forty-Nine Planetary Logoi within Seven solar systems: “The forty-nine groups of solar fires concerned in the great work are those spoken of, and they become the forty-nine planetary Logoi in connexion with seven solar systems. In them is hid the mystery of the three who become the sixteen—united or synthesised by the seventeenth—a correspondence upon cosmic levels of the seven with the eighth sphere. This must remain practically an insoluble mystery to man at present. (Only “practically”? Let’s chew on this one some time.)
The four groups who found their way to the Heart of the system will reappear as the four planetary Logoi who are the twenty-eight and who thus produce the possibility of the ten of perfection in another series of manifesting systems.
The seven types of solar energy find the "path of return" to their central emanating source; by the disruption of the tie between them and the lunar lords (who are esoterically spoken of as "dead or dying on the field of battle") the great sacrifice is consummated, and they are free to return in triumph.”
Commentary: Clearly, seven solar systems, as here discussed, contain 49 planetary Logoi. Thus these solar systems are indeed solar systems and are not a blind for seven constellations.
9. The Rays of a OAWNMBS May be Given: “Life is the synthesis of all activity—an activity which is a blend of many energies, for life is the sum total of the energies of the seven solar systems, of which our solar system is but one. These, in their totality, are the expression of the activity of that Being Who is designated in our hierarchical archives as the "One About Whom Naught May Be Said." This seven-fold cosmic energy, the fused and blended energies of seven solar systems, including ours, sweeps automatically through each of the seven, carrying the qualities of
1. Impulse towards activity.
2. Active impulse towards organisation.
3. Active organised impulse towards a definite purpose.
Commentary: This important reference can be read in various ways, but again, DK seems to be talking about “life” as the energy of that Being which animates seven solar systems. The seven solar systems are “the expression…of the activity” of the OAWNMBS (level 2), but there are not, necessarily, the total expression.
The words, “in their totality” must also be deciphered. Is it the proximate seven solar system “in their totality” or all systems of seven solar system each, “in their totality”.
However, I believe that the kind of OAWNMBS which is here being referenced is a level-1 OAWNMBS, because it is a “sevenfold cosmic energy” and cosmic energies have already been defined as expressing themselves through a “cosmic Logos” which expresses itself through seven solar Logoi. (I grant you, however, that the term “cosmic” can have a further extension that the manner in which it is used on TCF 293.
Note must be made, however, of the potential rays of this “life”, as being the third ray, then the seventh ray and then the first ray. If this life (for any reason) were the OAWNMBS-level-2, then the three constellations which carry these rays would be considered the Pleiades (the major seven), Draco and the Great Bear. As for Draco and the Great Bear, they are contiguous in space.
I find that this selection is not entirely unambiguous. I not the rays apparently expressed as pertaining to this OAWNMBS. I cannot say if they are appropriate to the great OAWNMBS. In a way, I think not, because, I think, “cosmic buddhi” is so important to the greater OAW. Also, however, I do not find the rays appropriate to the Logos of the SSSOWOIO, which I connect with the solar plexus center of the great OAW, or (possibly) the heart center of this greater Being. In any case, the rays 3, 7, and 1, would not allow for this solar plexus and/or heart center connection. So I find the rays assigned (if this tabulation is really such an assignment) as enigmatical. What do you think?
I have worded these impulses as above in order to show the emergent tendency through their mutual interplay. This triple energetic impulse, borne on the impetus of the seven great breaths or rays, started the world process of Becoming, and manifested as the urge towards evolution,—towards an evolution which is active, organised, and which works undeviatingly and unerringly towards a specific goal.
Commentary: Could the word “organised” be a blind for the second ray of “form building”? The numbers 2 and 7 are certainly related. I do not push this point.
This goal is known in its fullest measure only to that incomprehensible Existence Who works through seven solar systems (in their turn the expression of seven great Lives) just as our solar Deity works through the seven planetary Logoi. All this has been hinted at and outlined in A Treatise on Cosmic Fire, and I do not propose enlarging upon it here. I would point out, however, because it has a definite bearing on the evolution of quality in the human family, that the seven creative Builders or planetary Logoi of our solar system are embodiments of the will, energy, and magnetic force which streams through Them from the seven solar systems into Their various spheres of activity. Thus, through Their united activity, the organised solar system is produced, whose energies are in constant circulation and whose emerging qualities are balanced and demonstrated throughout the entire system. All parts of the solar system are interdependent; all the forces and energies are in constant flux and mutation; all of them sweep in great pulsations, and through a form of rhythmic breathing, around the entire solar atom; so that the qualities of every solar life, pouring through the seven ray forms, permeate every form within the solar ring-pass-not, and thus link every form with every other form. Note therefore the fact that each of the seven rays or creative Builders embodies the energy, will, love and purpose of the Lord of the solar system, as that Lord in His turn embodies an aspect of the energy, will, love and purpose of the "One About Whom Naught May Be Said."
Commentary: As I read this, I focus on the term “solar life”, which I judge to the life of a solar Logos (of which, locally, there are seven major in the group to which our solar Logos belongs.)
10. A First Statement of Fact Regarding the Seven solar systems: Therefore the first proposition to be grasped by the student of the rays is as follows:
I. Every ray Life is an expression of a solar Life, and every Planet is consequently...
1. Linked with every other planetary life in the solar system.
2. Animated by energy emanating from one or other of the seven solar systems.
3. Actuated by a triple stream of life forces coming from:
a. Solar systems outside our own.
b. Our own solar system.
c. Its own planetary Being.
Commentary: Points 2 and 3.a would seem to be redundant. I presume that point 3, taken as a whole, is detailed repetition (and an elaboration) of what is found in point 2.
It is impossible for the average thinker to grasp the significance of this statement, but he can understand somewhat the statement that every planet is a focal point through which forces and energies circulate and flow ceaselessly, and that these energies emanate from the outer cosmos or universe itself, from the solar system of which his own planet is a part, and of which our sun is the centre, and from that Being Who constitutes our own particular planetary Lord or Life.
I should like at this point to make clear the distinction between a constellation and a solar system, according to the esoteric teaching, even though the modern scientist may not agree.
A solar system consists of a sun as the central focal point, with its series of attendant planets, which are held in magnetic rapport in their orbits around that sun.
A constellation consists of two or more solar systems or series of suns with their attendant planets. These systems are held together as a coherent whole by the powerful interrelation of the suns, whose magnetic rapport is so balanced that occultly "they tread the Path together within the radius of each other's power;" they preserve their relative distances, and vitalise their planets, but at the same time they preserve an equality of balance and of influence. In a few rare cases this balance is disturbed, and there is a waxing or a waning of influence and of magnetic power.
Commentary: Note that above, He calls constellations “systems”. The word “systems” is quite generic. I find this section in which a constellation is defined as absolutely vital, especially since we are constantly dealing with “blinded” references. We might well ask ourselves: “for the average solar Logos, what is the extent of the “radius of power”?
Commentary: Again, this is a supremely important section. It makes the obvious point, that our seven planetary Logoi are, each of them, related to a solar Logos (a ray life).
11. Seven Rays Expressions of Energies from the Seven solar systems: “The relation of the constellations to the solar system, which is the basis of astrological research, will be considered later. I seek to point out here only the dual fact that the seven rays are themselves
1. Expressions of energies emanating from the seven solar systems, which are, in their turn, animated by the Life of the "One About Whom Naught May Be Said."
2. Influenced by, and therefore under the astrological control of, the twelve constellations whose energies are contacted by our solar system during the course of the journey of our sun through the greater Zodiac, during the vast period of approximately 25,000 years, and in a lesser degree during the course of the twelve months of the year, wherein the lesser path of the Zodiac is trodden.”
Commentary: Ray lives, it appears, are animated by solar Logoi, Who are, themselves, animated by the Life of the OAWNMBS.
The OAWNMBS can here be 1) interpreted as a level-1 OAWNMBS (a cosmic Logos), or 2) perhaps as a level-2 OAWNMBS Who animates the seven solar systems and many other groups of solar systems as well.
It is also possible that the term “seven solar systems” as used here, could mean the seven great constellations in the Zodiac of Ten, however, this page follows on from earlier pages in which it seems as if a level-1 OAWNMBS is being discussed.
When we are told that the seven solar systems are animated by the life of the OAWNMBS, we are not told that the no other groups of solar systems are thus animated. So we are left with questions:
1. Are the seven solar systems animated by both their ensouling Life and (in addition) the OAWNMBS?
2. Does the OAWNMBS animate only the seven solar systems (thus, in effect, meaning that these seven solar system are really seven great constellations?)
3. Is the OAWNMBS responsible for animating not only the seven solar systems, but a number of groups of seven solar systems (i.e., the constellational chakras within its chakra system)?
12. A Second Statement of Fact Regarding the Seven solar systems.: “Our second statement of fact is therefore:
II. Each one of the rays is the recipient and custodian of energies coming from
1. The seven solar systems.
2. The twelve constellations.
Each ray passes these energies through its body of manifestation (a planet), and thereby imparts them to the planetary form, and to all forms upon and within it. These differentiated forms are therefore animated by energy coming from the cosmic Life, from the solar Deity, and from the planetary Life, and are consequently coloured by qualities from the seven solar systems and the twelve constellations. This blend of energies, working on substance, produces the forms, and each subjective form, in its turn, produces the outer appearance.
Commentary: The continuity between the terms “cosmic Life”, “solar Deity” and “planetary Life” should be clear. It is clear that the OAWNMBS (level-2) is not usually called the cosmic Life, but, rather, and fittingly, “the Unknown” , as, indeed, the OAWNMBS is a Logos which is so unknown, that naught about Him can be said!
It is not possible for us to study these forces and qualities in detail, especially in connection with an individual human being, for the scale is so minute, relatively, and the detail to be considered is so intricate. But the nature of the qualities [Page 155] and energies can be somewhat grasped as we study the seven ray Lives with their seven psychological types, and the twelve creative Hierarchies, as outlined for us in The Secret Doctrine. The 7+12=19, and if you add to these 19 expressions of the Life the 3 major aspects of Deity, which we call the life of God the Father, the love of God the Son, and the active intelligence of God the Holy Ghost, you arrive at the mystic number 22 which is called (in esotericism) the number of the adept. This simply means that the adept is one who comprehends the nature of the 19 forces as they express themselves through the medium of the triple divine manifestation, as it in its turn relates itself to human consciousness. It does not mean that the adept has mastered and can wield these 19 types of energy. They are consciously wielded only by the three synthetic Builders or Creators, Who are:
1. The Life which expresses Itself through seven solar systems. The One About Whom Naught May Be Said.
Commentary: By now it must be a familiar thought that I consider this OAWNMBS to be a cosmic Logos, a constellational Logos, and a level-1 OAWNMBS—i.e., not the greater super-constellational Logos (the level-2 OAWNMBS)
2. The Life which expresses Itself through seven planets. The Solar Deity......God.
3. The Life which expresses Itself through seven planetary centres, or continents. The Planetary Logos......The Ancient of Days.
What the adept has done has been to bring his seven centres of force, located in the etheric body, into a responsive condition to the higher spiritual forces; as he progresses he will find that he will gradually and sequentially become equally responsive to the above three types of synthetic force.
On the path of discipleship, and until the third initiation, he learns to respond to the energy and to the spiritual purpose of the Life of his own planet. At the first and second initiations, and until the third initiation, he has been led on and initiated by the influence of the Christ, and under His direction he has submitted to two expansions of consciousness and [Page 156] has prepared himself for a third. When ready for this, he comes under the initiatory power of the planetary Logos; and through the mediating activity of that great Being the initiate becomes actively aware of energy emanating from the solar Deity. He is therefore learning to respond to the second type of synthetic force.
After he has taken the highest initiation possible on this planet, he is, for the first time, responsive to energy emanating from the outer cosmic Centre. This last stage of expansion is rare indeed, and only one hundred and eleven human beings, during our planetary history, have passed on to this state of awareness.”
Commentary: Is the number 111 symbolic? It almost seems so. He is, on face value, telling us here that 111 human beings have taken the 9th initiation (unless it is considered that only the 7th initiation is really available on our planet).
When we are told in The Rays and the Initiations, that only a Master of the Wisdom can contact a planet directly (for instance, the Logos of Venus or Mercury), then I believe that, since two more levels of contact (our solar Logos, and the Logos Who uses our solar Logos as a chakra) are possible before contacting the actual OAWNMBS (level-2), that a 9th degree initiate is only capable of contacting energy from the Lord of the SSSOWOIO, and not the energy of the OAWNMBS.
I would also suggest that strict hierarchical continuity should be preserved when interpreting the above statements. There is a continuity between a planetary Logos, a solar Logos, and a cosmic Logos (Who expresses itself through seven solar Logoi)
13. Three Major Propositions: “We have been studying the significance of the work of the seven creative Builders, as They express the life aspect and qualify the phenomenal appearance through which the One Life manifests. It is the quality in time and space that determines the phenomenal appearance, and this is the third major proposition of which the two previous are:
a. Every ray Life is an expression of a solar Life, and every planet is therefore linked with every other planet, animated by energy from one or other of the seven solar systems, and actuated by a triple stream of force.
b. Every one of the rays is the recipient and custodian of various energies, coming from varying sources.
To these two we add:
c. It is the quality of a ray Life, in time and space, which determines the phenomenal appearance.
In these three propositions you have summed up the basic teaching of this Section. Here I can point out with success, I believe, the practical efficacy of a true understanding of these rather advanced occult teachings. If, for instance, you study the first proposition, you will note how a ray Life is an expression of a solar Life.
Commentary: My interpretation is that a “solar life” is the life of a Grand Heavenly Man—the Logos of a star.
Now take this broad idea and make it personally specific by referring the same proposition to an individual man, grasping the fact that every personality is intended to be an expression of a solar angel, and is consequently linked to every other solar angel in the kingdom of souls. Each is animated by the energies coming from all the seven groups of solar angels, and is likewise in touch with the life of the planet, of the solar system, and with extra-systemic force also.
Commentary: Re this analogy: there are individual solar angels; and groups of solar angels—in fact seven groups of solar angels. Then, I presume, there is a life which ensouls all the seven groups of solar angels. I interpret the analogy in the following way:
1. The individual personality is as a planet.
2. The solar angel supervising that personality is as a solar logos.
3. A group of solar angels is as a cosmic Logos (a constellational Logos)
4. The seven groups of solar angels are as “The Unknown”, the OAWNMBS, a super-constellational Logos.
Is this not of vital, practical import? Does it not warrant close study and consideration of the attitude of the personality towards life, and of the measure of success of the solar angel at any given point in time and space (which is all that the personality is, in the last analysis) as it builds and qualifies its phenomenal appearance? Here we can see the scientific value of the study of ideals, of concentration upon the virtues and divine qualities, and upon an intellectual analysis of the divine attributes of any of the great sons of God.
Again, the second proposition states that the seven rays, being each the recipient and custodian of energies coming from the universe, bring in the basic concept of inter-relation, of inter-communication, of inter-dependence, of cooperative responsibility, and of service. These relationships, as we well know, underlie the principle of Brotherhood, which the race is just beginning to grasp and to discuss. Thus one of the major propositions which govern the building forces of the universe is of real practical application to the mental life and attitude of man today.
The first proposition relates to the ego, or solar angel, and its realisation.
The second proposition relates to the mental grasp of the "inspired" man—inspired from on high by his solar angel.
The third proposition, which states that quality determines the appearance, is intended to control or direct the feeling or desire life of the personality, for according to the quality of his desires will be the gradually emerging appearance.
Man is innately and truly divine, but the quality of the solar angel only makes its presence felt slowly and during the evolutionary cycle; it demonstrates only dimly as yet, and only emerges occasionally; though the sum total of characteristics in any one life is coloured by divine quality according to the egoic capacity to control or express, it is distorted by substance in the early stages almost past all recognition. These three propositions warrant careful thought and even meditation, for as they express the laws under which the seven creative Builders work, so do they express the laws under which the aspirant can now begin to work.”
14. Entities—Ever More Inclusive: “Space is an entity and the entire "vault of heaven" (as it has been poetically called) is the phenomenal appearance of that entity. You will note that I did not say the material appearance, but the phenomenal appearance. Speculation about the nature, the history and identity of that entity is useless and of no value. Some dim idea, providing analogy even when eluding specifications, might be gained if you will endeavour to think of the human family, the fourth kingdom in nature, as an entity, as constituting a single unit, expressing itself through the many diversified forms of man. You, as an individual, are an integral part of humanity, yet you lead your own life, you react to your own impressions, you respond to exterior influences and impacts, and in your turn you emanate influences, send forth some form of character radiation and express some quality or qualities. You thereby, and in some measure, affect your environment and those whom you contact. Yet all the while you remain part of a phenomenal entity to which we give the name of humanity. Now extend this idea to a greater phenomenal entity, the solar system. This entity is itself an integral part of a still greater life which is expressing Itself through seven solar systems, of which ours is one. If you can grasp this idea, a vague picture of a great underlying esoteric truth will emerge into your consciousness. It is the life and the influence, the radiations and emanations of this entity, and their united effect on our planetary life, the kingdoms in nature and the unfolding human civilizations, which we shall have briefly to consider.”
Commentary: Here, again, it appears as if we are experiencing a logical progression of entities, from one level, hierarchically considered, to the next . I see no reason to think that DK is not talking about the group of our solar Logos , the Logos of which expresses itself through seven such solar systems.
15. The Location of Large Etheric Centers: “The next point for each of you to grasp is the fact that the ether of space is the field in and through which the energies from the many originating Sources play. We are, therefore, concerned with the etheric body of the planet, of the solar system, and of the seven solar systems of which our system is one, as well as with the general and vaster etheric body of the universe in which we are located.
Commentary: The “universe” as here discussed, is not the totality of all stars and all starry systems (manifest and unmanifest). It is a more local entity, possibly a galaxy. If the word “universe” meant the entire entirety there would be no sense in using the word “located” with respect to our position, as all beings, whatsoever, would also be located within the universe as an ‘entire entirety’.
I employ the word "located" here with deliberation and because of the inferences to which it leads. This vaster field, as well as the smaller and more localised fields, provides the medium of transmission for all the energies which play upon and through our solar system, our planetary spheres and all forms of life upon those spheres. It forms one unbroken field of activity in constant ceaseless motion—an eternal medium for the exchange and transmission of energies.”
16. An Important Continuity of Correspondences—a VITAL Reference: “This "control of form through a septenate of energies" (as it is defined in the Old Commentary) is an unalterable rule in the inner government of our universe and of our particular solar system, as well as in the case of individual man. There are, for instance, in our solar system, seven sacred planets which correspond to the seven individual force centres in man, the seven solar systems, of which our solar system is one, and in their turn the seven energy centres of the One to Whom I have referred in my other books as the One About Whom Naught Can Be Said.”
Commentary: This is a VITAL reference, showing a consistent hierarchical progression of chakra systems and demonstrating that the “seven solar systems of which our solar system is one” is not the same as the “seven energy centres in the…One About Whom Naught Can Be Said.” The phrase, “in their turn” is very important, as it shows that the seven solar systems (“in their turn”) correspond to the seven energy centres in the OAWNMBS, but are not those energy centers.
The term, “in their turn” is a hint to us of a divinely, logical progression which can be enumerated as follows:
1. Seven sacred planets within our solar system.
2. Seven solar systems (presumably within a larger system)
3. The “seven energy centres of the…One About Whom Naught Can Be Said.”
17. A Ninefold Energy Impact:
“The following is a list—incomplete but adequate for our purposes—of the major influences which find their way from far distant Sources into our planetary life and produce definite effects upon individual man and humanity as a whole.
1. The constellation of the Great Bear.
2. The Seven Sisters of the Pleiades.
3. Sirius, the Dog Star.
1. The seven solar systems of which ours is one.
2. The seven sacred planets of which ours is not one.
3. The five non-sacred planets or "hidden" planets.
1. The seven planetary centres.
2. The seven centres of force in the human etheric body.
1. The twelve zodiacal constellations.
We thus have a ninefold energy impact. This is a major chart but it should be remembered that there are other impacts of relative insignificance.
Commentary: Here again, it seems quite clear and straightforward, that the energies of the seven solar systems are in addition to the energies of the Great Bear, Pleiades and Sirius which have be theorized as being contained within the seven.
18. The Proposition given in EP I, is also given in EA p. 26.
19. The Seven solar systems are Other than the Great Bear, the Pleiades and Sirius: As regards the influence of the seven solar systems, I should suggest (more I cannot do) that they are linked up astrologically with the constellations, the Great Bear, the Pleiades, and Sirius. They are intimately related to them, but their exact effect is a transmitted one and cannot be noted as producing noticeable results, as yet, upon humanity and the other kingdoms in nature. The effect of the three great constellations also cannot be noted by individual man until such time as he becomes conscious of the monadic vibration, after the third initiation. There are many potent influences playing upon our solar system and the planet all the time but—as far as man is concerned—his response apparatus and his mechanism of reaction remain what is called "occultly unresponsive," for they are not yet of a quality which will permit any noticeable recognition, either in the dense or subtler vehicles or even by the soul. Later in the evolutionary process, recognition and response will come, but for all astrological purposes and recognisable produced effects, they may be regarded today as non-existent except as they react upon the fourth kingdom of nature as it constitutes a living unit in the body of the planetary Logos. As little conscious effect is produced by these forces as the effect of a high moment of contact in your morning meditation produces an effect upon the atom or cell in the little finger upon one of your hands. There may be a general response and stimulation throughout the entire body, but the intelligent atom makes no conscious response. The vibration is of too high a character.
Commentary: To these great Beings, tiny man is as an atom or cell. To extend the analogy it would repay us to make a clear continuity of such entities as: cell, inter-cellular structure; molecule; atom; neutron/proton; electron; sub-atomic particle (in their own hierarchies).
20. Introducing a Tabulation Which Lists Seven solar systems with the Three Great Constellations, and not Including Them: “The following is a tabulation showing some of the astrological relationships in connection with
1. The constellation of the Great Bear.
2. The Pleiades or the Seven Sisters.
4. The seven solar systems.”
Commentary: I know you have theorized that the ten are always to be found within the seven, but I see no reason to sustain this theory. Eight zodiacal constellations are given as expressing four groupings of constellations: Cancer and Capricorn for Sirius (regarding Sirius as a constellation); Gemini and Sagittarius for the Pleiades; Aries and Libra for the Great Bear; and Taurus and Scorpio for the Seven Solar Systems. If the ten were really within the seven, such a fourfold/eightfold assignment could not be made.
21. Achieving the Freedom of the Seven solar systems: “In the second great stage, he passes from Aries to Taurus, because desire has at last been transmuted into aspiration. After proving his steadfastness to the ideal of the spiritual life in the intervening signs, he passes again into Pisces, from the opposite direction to his usual procedure, having earned the right to mount the Cardinal Cross of the Heavens, the power to take a final planetary initiation and the privilege of passing on to one of the seven paths to which I have made reference in my other books; these eventually give him "the freedom of the seven solar systems," as it is called in contradistinction to "the freedom of the seven planetary spheres," which the experience of initiation has guaranteed him, after a process of intensive training in one or other of the planetary schools (according to his ray type) and the path of service chosen.”
Commentary: Are we here talking about the freedom of our seven solar systems, or the freedom of seven constellations which are blinded by calling them solar systems?
Since there is so much training for the seven or nine paths which takes place within our solar system, it is not clear that advancing lives upon our planet quickly leave the constellation in which our Sun is a chakra.
Is it possible that not only are certain planets within our solar system training grounds for the seven or nine cosmic Paths, but that certain solar Logoi associated with our solar Logos are also still more advanced training grounds for treading such paths. This question (which is really logical) opens up whole new areas of speculation.
22. The Seven solar systems and the Zodiac of Ten: “I would like also to emphasise—perhaps unnecessarily—that Sirius, the Great Bear and the Pleiades work through the medium of the twelve constellations, pouring their influences through nine of them in particular, but that these major constellations are not part of the zodiac with which we are concerned. They, with the seven solar systems of which ours is one, are the ten constellations connected with a still greater zodiac which is not conditioned by the numerical significance of the number twelve. Hence ten is regarded as the number of perfection. There is confusion in the minds of some of the less learned students (astrologically considered) on this point.”
Commentary: There are at least two views of what constitutes the Zodiac of Ten: 1) the three Great Constellations plus the seven solar systems; or 2) that the three Great Constellations plus seven other constellations for the Zodiac of Ten.
This reference could be one of those in which “seven solar systems” actually means seven constellations.
Just are there are three great Beings in a solar system Who work through three planets each, there could be three Great Beings within the OAWNMBS Who work through three constellations each. If so, which might those constellations be?
If the Great Bear, Sirius and the Pleiades each have three energies which express through three constellations of the zodiac, then may it also be possible that the Seven Solar Systems (considered as a constellation) might also have three such energies. Thus all the signs of the zodiac would be covered. 3+3+3+3=12
On the other hand, probably all the constellations in the OAWNMBS express through different constellations of the Zodiac. I do not think that expression of such constellations of the zodiac is limited to the Great Bear, Sirius, and the Pleiades alone.
23. Seven solar systems Working Through Taurus, Scorpio and Mars: “Another group of energies can be touched upon though any true elucidation is not possible. They concern the focussed energies of the seven solar systems of which ours is one. These energies (six in number) reach our solar system, via the constellations Taurus and Scorpio and the planet Mars.
Their peculiar nature, objective in evolution and basic purpose is only revealed to initiates above the fifth initiation. They are concerned with the problem of desire (which is to humanity a problem but not in its higher octaves) and with its transmutation into spiritual will and divine purpose. They are the originators of conflict, are closely connected with the fourth Ray of Harmony through Conflict and are, therefore, in a peculiar relation to the fourth Creative Hierarchy, the human, and to our Earth in this fourth round.”
Commentary: If the seven solar systems were really seven great constellations, they would not be confined to expression through Taurus, Scorpio and Mars. Taurus, Scorpio and Mars would be far too limiting for their expression, because, presumably, among these greater constellations would be Lives such as those of Orion, and the Dragon, (not to mention the Little Bear, Who, from my perspective) should be included.
The seven great constellations which are cosmic Logoi and are also chakras in the OAWNMBS level-2, have meanings far too high and far too deep to be expressing only through Taurus/Scorpio/Mars. This is one of those references which, to my mind, proves that the seven solar systems are definitely other (and lesser) than the seven great constellations in the Zodiac of Ten. We have debated long and hard over whether seven solar systems should be credited with having independent existence as real solar systems or whether the term “seven solar systems” is always a blind for the seven constellational centers in the OAWNMBS. I think this reference proves the reality of seven solar systems as real solar systems, and also their distinction from (even though they may be included within and among) the seven constellational Logoi Who are the centers in the OAWNMBS.
Further, we see that the seven solar systems, are indeed distinct from the Great Bear, Sirius and the Pleiades, (listed earlier a page or two before) as not belonging to these seven solar systems, and expressing themselves through different zodiacal constellations and planets.
24. The Cardinal Cross and the Seven solar systems of Which Ours is One: “d. The energies of the Cardinal Cross blend with the energies to which we can give no greater name than cosmic energy even though that word is meaningless. They carry the quality of the One about Whom Naught may be Said and are "tinctured with the Light of the seven solar systems" of which our solar system is one.”
Commentary: Depending upon our point of view, we would have to decide 1) whether the Cardinal Cross expresses both as distinct, or 2) whether the two are really different names for the same entity. I naturally choose the first option.
25. Our Solar system Caused by the OAWNMBS: “1. The seven stars of the Great Bear or Ursa Major are involved in an intricate relation with Ursa Minor and the Pleiades. With this we shall not deal. This major triplicity of constellations has a peculiar relation to that Great Being to Whom I have at times referred as the One About Whom Naught Can Be Said. All that can be hinted at is that these three galaxies of stars are the three aspects of that Indescribable, Absolute Monad, the Ineffable Cause of the seven solar systems—of which ours is one.”
Commentary: This is an extraordinarily important reference, and the way it is understood will affect our placement of Sirius (and/or the Sirian System) within the anatomy of the OAWNMBS.
With the above reference should be read the following:
“We have also brought into relation to our solar system another constellation, called the Little Bear which is a reflection of or a corollary to the major energies of its greater prototype, Ursa Major, the Great Bear. These facts contain a great mystery connected with the inter-relation of Ursa Major, Ursa Minor and the Pleiades; they constitute one of the greatest and more important of the triplicities to be found in the heavens as far as we have astronomically ascertained the nature of our immediate universe. This is a perfectly unimportant piece of information as far as you are concerned and is only of significance to initiates of the fourth degree. It serves, nevertheless, to add its evidence to the essential integrity and interlocking dependencies of the universe.´
Commentary: We must ask why Great Bear, Little Bear and Pleiades is considered a “major triplicity”. I am of the opinion that because it is a major triplicity, the Little Bear must be a major center in the OAWNMBS.
26. Our Solar system in Relation to the OAWNMBS: “Let us take the facts and analogies as they stand and study them from the standpoint both of the macrocosm and the microcosm.
We note that the form absorbs and uses the substance wherein it is immersed. Our solar system is one of many, and not the greatest. It constitutes a fragment of a greater whole. This greater whole, formed of seven parts (or seven solar systems), is itself immersed in the waters of space, is born of desire and, therefore, a child of necessity. It draws its life from its surroundings. Streaming into our solar system from all sides are force currents, emanating from what A Treatise on Cosmic Fire calls the "One about Whom naught may be said". These currents embody His will and desire, express His love or attractive capacity, and manifest as that great thought-form we call our system.
In parentheses, it is well to note that this Existence is termed "the One about Whom naught may be said", not because of secrecy or mystery, but because all formulation of ideas about His life and purpose are impossible until one has completed the term of evolution in our solar system. Note, I say, our solar system, not just our planetary existence. Speculation about the Existence who, through His life, informs seven solar systems is wasted energy.
Commentary: I am led to the conclusion that, indeed, we must complete the “term of evolution” within our solar system before moving on to vaster constellational spheres. It is my opinion that even though a Path to greater constellations may be chosen at the sixth degree (still a planetary initiation) that, following that choice, the term of learning and expression within our solar system may yet be long indeed.
I further wonder whether some training on that star within the SSSOWOIO which is allied to a constellational chakra within the OAWNMBS, may not also occur.
To an extent, I wonder whether training within Venus and the Heart of the Sun does not lead eventually to Sirius—but that the Heart of the Sun of our Solar Logos (and all that it may offer) is not first necessary before going to Sirius.
On our planet, only such great lives as the Buddha, the Kumaras and the planetary Logos, are beginning to sense the dynamic impulse of the greater Whole, and even they are only sensitive to it but are, as yet, utterly unable to conceive of its trend, for it lies beyond mind and love and will. It brings into play factors for which we have no terms and tendencies which are as yet not even remotely visioned on our planet.”
Commentary: As I contemplate the words above, I am led to the conclusion that even knowledge of the Logos of the SSSOWOIO would be an amazing expansion of consciousness and being.
27. Our Solar system is one of Seven Systems: “Man is immersed in forces which are to him as the waters of space are to our solar system. He finds himself, as does our sun and its attendant planets, forming part of a whole, and just as our system is but one of seven systems, drawn together to form the body, or manifested expression of a life, so is the human kingdom of which he is an infinitesimal part, one of seven kingdoms. These are the correspondences in the life of the planetary Logos to the seven solar systems. When he begins to sense the life of the solar Logos as it expresses itself through the seven planetary schemes we will have touched the consciousness of the planetary Logos of our special scheme, who is sensing somewhat the united vibrations of the lives of the seven solar Logoi.”
Commentary: To me the phrase “the lives of the seven solar Logoi” is an unambiguous reference to the idea that our planetary Logoi must first be connected to the particular solar Logos within our own local constellation to which they are related, before being related to the huge constellations which constitute the constellational-chakras within that Entity in Whom our local constellation is just one of the chakras.
28. Our Solar system is one of Seven: “Astrology now deals primarily with the personality for whom the horoscope may be cast and with the events of the personality life. When, through meditation and service, plus the discipline of the lunar bodies, a man comes consciously and definitely under his soul ray, then he comes as definitely under the influence of one or other of the seven solar systems, as they focus their energy through one or other of the constellations and [Page 438] subsequently one or other of the seven sacred planets. Eventually, there will be twelve sacred planets, corresponding to the twelve constellations, but the time is not yet. Our solar system, as you know, is one of seven. (Is this not a straightforward comment to be taken a face value? In my opinion, “Yes”) When a man has arrived at this point in evolution, birth months, mundane astrology, and the influences which play upon the form aspect become of less and less importance. This circle of solar systems affects paramountly the soul and it becomes the focal point of spiritual energies. This is the problem of the soul on its own plane,—responsiveness to these types of energy, and, of them, the personality is totally unaware.”
Commentary: I am led to believe that the soul is affected by many Sources; the ray lives or planetary Logoi are one such Source. I believe the seven stars or solar systems within our local constellation are additional Sources which affect the soul.